Many readers of this blog have sent me emails, asking me how they can help fight the cruelty to animals. So I've put down a short list of what you can do to help spread the awareness, to make people sit up and take notice, to make them search deeper into themselves, and take action!
For Reporting Cruelty to Animals:
To check whether there is a Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, or SPCA, in your community, you can search for SPCA followed by your Country/State name in any search engine. There is also a good guideline by about.com on what to do to report cruelty to animals. Click here.
For Helping to make this world a better place for animals:
- First of all, bookmark or 'Follow' Stop Animal Abuse. And check back as frequent as you can for updates.
- Tell your friends and family about Stop Animal Abuse. Copy the URL to this page and send them the link.
- You can also drop me an email to provide feedback, to alert me to the latest news and events in your community, or just to say hi!
- Link exchange. If you have a website, we can exchange links. Just drop me an email with your website address in it.
- Stop buying fur products.
- Stop buying products made of animal skin and other body parts.
- Stop eating foods that involve causing extreme pain and cruelty to animals, such as Shark's Fin Soup and Foie Gras.
- Stop buying pets on a whim, and consider adoption instead. By giving an abandoned pet a home, you are discouraging the sale of these poor young creatures, and at the same time rescuing a poor soul from the clutches of despair, loneliness, and death!
- If you are a parent, a mentor or guardian to some children, or a teacher, inculcate the values of compassion and kindness toward animals to the young generation. Its always good to start early, but never to late to start!
- Last, but definitely not least, start influencing the people around you from this day on! When you see a friend or family doing something that is in some way abusive or cruel to animals, tell him or her in a calm and gentle manner why you think its wrong, and what we can do to change it.
Mr. Belvedere, Alice Waters, Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, Manchester United, Liverpool FC, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona FC, U2, Bill Clinton. People and groups of people with lots of influence, especially on kids. My dream is that one day, people like them will come together, put aside their differences, record a video to be played out 'live' at the same time in a Superbowl, Formula 1, Champions League Match, EPL match, World Cup Match, etc. Imagine the impact and power when all these people have one single message! That is my dream... I'm greying this out as its seems ridiculous, but yet, I hope, that it will come true one day. And I hope you will share this dream with me.